Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP-C / QMHP-T)
Winchester - Virginia (VA), 22601
National Counseling Group
Prepare for a future at a company you will not want to leave!
National Counseling Group (NCG) is a quickly growing organization that offers its employees quality benefits, advancement opportunities, skill development and team-oriented culture.
NCG is the premier provider of community-based behavioral health services, with over 30 offices across Virginia. NCG’s mission is to improve lives, which not only includes the individuals served, but every one of our employees. OUR INVESTMENT IN OUR EMPLOYEES IS REFLECTED IN OUR NEWLY REVAMPED AND ENHANCED COMPENSATION PLAN TO EMPLOY THE BEST PEOPLE PROVIDING THE BEST SERVICES.*
*Qualified Mental Health Professional Counselors
We are seeking full-time QMHP Counselors to provide Community-Based Intensive In-Home, Mental Health Skill Building, Therapeutic Day treatment, crisis intervention and/or case management services to individuals who have been determined to meet the criteria for our behavioral health program.*
The Qualified Mental Health Professional is responsible for providing collaborative mental health services to children and families (QMHPC) and/or for adults with mental illness (QMHPA) in various settings such as home, school or office. Service population assigned is based on approved credential. The Counselor would provide services as part of a treatment team, to individuals who have significant functional impairments and the ability to perform services on an intensive basis by utilizing short-term, solution focused treatment strategies.
- Provide services throughout site jurisdiction area
- Meets management expectations of caseload assigned
- Provides skills training in communication, anger management, peer relations, daily living, problem solving, and impulse*
*control for assigned clients.
- Develops and implements psychoeducation interventions for clients.
- Provides Medication education with relevant clients.
- Participates in multidisciplinary meetings to preview, determine, and identify individualized service objectives and supports.
- Prepares individualized service plan, incorporating input from clients, involved service providers, and team members, and clearly identifying problem areas and needs, strategies, and service objectives.
- Responds to crisis situations with twenty-four hour a day availability.
- Documents all case activities for both clinical and billing purposes as outlined by company policy.
- Performs care coordination by linking clients to resources in the community. and collaborating with affiliated professionals*
*associated with client care.
- Guides, collaborates, and coordinates with affiliated professionals regarding service strategies and case management,*
- Adhere to quality standards that align with federal, state, and local regulations, and company policies to*
ensure appropriate outcomes are accomplished.
*Utilize computer software, to include Electronic Health Record, Human Resource, and Training programs
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, or a related field from an accredited college or university and one year of experience providing mental health treatment to troubled children and families is REQUIRED.
- Preferred Master’s Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling or a DHP Board approved related human services field from an accredited college or university with one year of experience in the mental health field working with children and/or adolescents.
- Must meet the criteria of a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP-C, QMHP-A or QMHP-Trainee) per DMAS licensure regulations
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Strong listening and communication skills
- Those with experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- Treatment planning
- Individual therapy
- Case management
- Supportive therapeutic counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Skill building
- Coping skills
- Health, Dental, & Vision Insurance with Company Contribution
- Cell phone stipend
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Free Licensure and Certification Supervision
This position requires registration with the Virginia Board of Counseling as a QMHP-C, QMHP-A or QMHP-Trainee. For more information, please visit: https://www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/counseling_QMHP.htm
National Counseling Group, a proud partner of ncgCARE.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Virginia QMHP C or QMHP T (Required)
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement