Associate Professional Project Management
Charleston - West Virginia (WV), 25302
Assists with the development and maintenance of project budgets, scheduling, and resource plans to meet contractual requirements for assigned project(s).
Essential Job Functions
- Assists in establishing objectives for small to medium sized projects to achieve business results by established, critical dates.
- Assists in coordinating deliverables for small to medium sized projects. Ensures adherence to schedules, deadlines, and products. Escalates matters of significance as appropriate.
- Assists in monitoring and redefining project objectives to respond to changes in the business environment. Provides requested data or information to support changes.
- Assist in coordinating inter-project dependencies, resource allocation, release planning, technology and architecture to meet business needs.
- Assists in planning, coordinating, and monitoring of the budget for a small to medium sized projects to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Monitors progress of project requirements and provides reports/updates to appropriate management, boards and committees, and business function managers to support projects in achieving the intended business results.
- Interacts with client program sponsor and program steering board to communicate program issues and progress.
- Assists in coordinating change in project direction, scope, benefits, costs, and timing while minimizing financial risks. Ensures adherence to same.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, information technology, engineering or related field preferred
- “Basic to Intermediate experience in Project planning”.
- Experience working with project management methodology including budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management software and finance and accounting concepts and practices
- Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Good Interpersonal and presentation skills for interacting with team members and clients
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change
- Office environment