Monitoring Center Analyst
Charleston - West Virginia (WV),
Estimated salary $16 - $18 an hour
Monitoring Center Analyst
Reference Code: 78747
Location: United States (US) - Charleston, WV
Job Category: Operations
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program
Application Deadline: 01/18/2021
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
Our Natural Gas and Pipelines Team evolving to meet the needs of our growing business and we are expanding our presence in Charleston, WV to support our Gas Control department.
The Monitoring Center serves as first-line of communication with field personnel, landowners/state and local authorities pertaining to questions and concerns of TC East (legacy Columbia Pipeline Group) facilities. Analysts handle calls from both internal (Gas Control, etc.) and external (the emergency 800 numbers) sources. This position will provide coverage for employees on rotating 12-hour shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays.
This position is looking for an employee who possesses strong analytical and communication skills to work in the Monitoring Center for a U.S. based Natural Gas pipeline & storage company’s Control Room.
- We anticipate filling this position locally, therefore it is not eligible for cross-border or domestic relocation programs.
- This position is overtime eligible.
- Hours of work may vary. This position will fill in on rotating 12 hour.
What you’ll do
- Performs on team that is responsible for 24-hr./day monitoring of the pipeline system in 12-hr. rotating shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Takes appropriate actions to respond to notifications from gas control and external systems (including but not limited to PI, Electronic measurement, and telephone communications)
- Serves as first-line of communication with field personnel and landowners/state and local authorities pertaining to questions and concerns of TC East facilities
- Maintain a basic knowledge of the equipment/facilities in operation; applies knowledge of the specific operation characteristics of individual stations
- Receives calls from 1-800 number on pipeline markers, logs pertinent information on the emergency, and makes call to the appropriate field personnel to handle emergency
- Assists gas control by initiating work request to appropriate field employee for pipeline, compressor, M&R, A&E problems, when necessary
- Manages Emergency and Incident response coordination, logs pertinent information on the event (per the Documentation Standard), dispatches appropriate Field personnel to respond to the event and collects and documents further event detail as required
- The Monitoring Center will be required to follow TC Energy’s Emergency Management Plan and help in the management of the plan during an incident
- Respond to emergency one-calls by clearing or dispatching to the
- High school diploma or GED
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Able to type 60 words per minute
- Remains calm, effective and even-tempered in high-pressure circumstances or in confusing, chaotic, or demanding situations
- Ability to quickly determine when deviations or anomalies can lead to problems
- Good planning, organization, and teaming skills
- Willing to take a risk and make decisions
- Flexibility to multitask while working in a fast-paced environment
- Must excel in communication skills (verbal, written, and electronic) and possess excellent customer service skills required to work with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Functions well in a team-based environment
- Candidate must be a quick learner.
- Two-year degree in business or technical discipline
- 2-5 years’ experience with diverse pipeline systems
- Familiarity with computer software currently used by TC Energy
- This position requires candidates to:
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Provide a driver's abstract for review
- Successfully complete a pre-employment medical screening, including drug and alcohol testing
- Be willing and able to work a flexible schedule that may include standard business hours, 12-hr. shifts, nights, weekends and holidays
- Be available for overtime, extended work hours, and call-outs as needed and sometimes at short notice
- Travel to other company locations for temporary assignments, meetings or training which would involve some overnight stays away from home.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Our 92,600-kilometre (57,500-mile) natural gas pipeline network is positioned in two of the most prolific and lowest cost basins in North America – the Western Canadian Sedimentary Basin (WCSB) and the Appalachian Basin. Our systems are well placed to meet the continent’s growing demand for clean-burning natural gas by connecting the supply in these basins to important and growing markets across the continent. We supply more than 25 per cent of the clean-burning natural gas consumed daily across North America.
Apply to this posting by 01/18/2021 using reference code 78747. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Applications may be submitted using a mobile device or desktop / laptop computer.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. government.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.