Hinton - West Virginia (WV), 25951
New River Gateway CVB
The New River Gateway Convention and Visitor Bureau has a current opportunity for a Part-Time Tourism Assistant. The Tourism Assistant shall be the support staff of the New River Gateway CVB, and shall be employed by the Board of Directors, on such terms, and for such compensation, as the Board of Directors may determine.
The Tourism Assistant will report to the Tourism Director, working in conjunction with the Board of Directors Executive Committee.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
· Assist in the operations of the Visitor Center. Greet tourists, in person or by phone, answer questions and provide information on lodging, historical sites, scenic areas, tourist attractions, and events, maintain the Visitor Center in a neat, orderly, and inviting fashion. Understand and maintain ongoing knowledge of Summers County and surrounding areas.
· Applicant should have the ability to communicate effectively with visitors, staff, government officials, business members, and the general public to both obtain and provide information and to respond to inquiries verbally and in
· Assist Tourism Director with monthly reports, updating and maintaining website, social media and calendars.
· Represent the New River Gateway CVB at a variety of functions and participate in local fairs, festivals, and events as needed.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours that include weekends and maintain weekly time-sheet. Some travel may be required.
Must be able to perform tasks that involve the ability to exert physical effort in sedentary to light work, that may require lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of objects and materials. Must be able to lift at least 20 pounds, and have the ability to stand for long periods of time. Tasks may involve periods of time at a keyboard or other office equipment.
Valid driver’s license required.
Willingness to attend educational training as needed or directed by the Board of Directors.
Pass background check and pre-employment and/or random drug screening.
Job Type: Part-time
- One location
- Weekends required