Front Desk Agent
Huntington - West Virginia (WV), 25701
Must apply in person.
Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors.
REPORTS TO: Front Desk Supervisor/ Manager.
Front Desk and Back Office Areas, Guest Rooms and all Public Areas
Job involves working:
Reporting to the General Manager
overseeing day to day operations of the property-assisting the GM
Must on time and provide an example for other employees to follow
Must be available to work weekends and holidays
∙Under variable temperature conditions (or extreme heat or cold).
∙Under variable noise levels.
∙Around fumes and/or odor hazards.
∙Around dust and/or mite hazards.
Internal: Staff in Front Desk area, Bell/Door, Transportation, PBX Staff, Concierge, Reservations, Hotel Assistant Managers, Sales & Catering, Housekeeping, Restaurants, Accounting, Engineering, and Security.
External: Hotel guests/visitors, Tour company representatives, Limousine service personnel, other hotels.
1. High school graduate or equivalent vocational training certificate.
2. Compute basic arithmetic.
3. Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.
4. Provide legible communication and directions.
5. Ability to:
∙ Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
∙Prioritize and organize.
∙Be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment.
∙Follow directions thoroughly.
∙Understand guest’s service needs.
∙Work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
∙Work with minimal supervision.
∙Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
6. Ability to input and access information in the property management system/computers/point of sales system.
7. Individual; with open schedule is ideal youre response for any shifts that may not be covered
1. Some college or training in Hospitality Industry.
2. Previous experience as Front Desk Agent.
3. Previous cashiering experience.
4. Fluency in a foreign language.
5. Ability to suggestively sell.
6. Certification in CPR.
7. Previous guest relations training.
1. Exert physical effort in transporting up to 25 pounds.
2. Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas.
3. No restrictions for reaching, bending, climbing, or kneeling.
4. Remain in stationary position for prolonged periods throughout work shift.
5. Satisfactorily communicate with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
2. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
3. Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
4. Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
5. Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
6. Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned work areas.
7. Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
a) All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
b) All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments, and location.
c) All room rates, special packages, and promotions.
d) Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
e) Room availability status for any given day.
f) Scheduled daily group activities.
8. Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
9. Meet with Supervisor to review daily assignments and priorities.
10. Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status and follow up items.
11. Access all functions of computer system.
12. Set up work station with necessary supplies.
13. Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
14. Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
15. Process all guest check-ins.
16. Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information.
17. For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
18. Register guest in the computer and generate a registration card.
19. Verify registration card information with the guest.
20. Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
21. Assign guest room.
22. Advise guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
23. Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
24. Obtain proper identification for tax exempt guests and attach form to registration card.
25. Maintain guest history files on all guests.
26. Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
27. Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
28. File registration cards and vouchers in bucket by room number.
29. Handle overbooked or “walked” guests.
30. Accommodate room changes.
31. Document all guest requests, complaints or problems.
32. Take, record, and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
33. Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to PBX.
34. Distribute all guest and department mail.
35. Monitor, send, and distribute guest faxes.
36. Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
37. Block rooms in computer and follow through on designated requirements.
38. Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
39. Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
40. Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
41. Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to Manager.
42. Process all check-outs.
43. Resolve any late charges.
44. Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges.
45. Settle guest accounts.
46. Retrieve guest room key from guest.
47. Solicit guest comments on their stay.
48. Process express check-outs.
49. Handle requests for late check-outs.
50. Conduct group check-ins/outs.
51. Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory and guest information.
52. File guest room keys and ensure the safe keeping of keys at the Front Desk.
53. Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
54. Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
55. Make change for guests.
56. Post charges.
57. Run closing reports.
58. Count and secure bank.
59. Complete designated cashier reports.
60. Balance receipts.
61. Drop receipts.
62. Document pertinent information in the log book.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Assist PBX with switchboard duties.
2. Assist with Reservations calls. Handle all Reservation calls after p.m.; process, record and follow up any details relative to such.
3. Assist in other Front Desk areas as assigned.
4. Provide guest room tours.
5. Legibly document maintenance needs on work orders and submit to Manager.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent will possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees, or guests.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $8.75 /hour
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)