Parkersburg - West Virginia (WV), 26104
Worthington Healthcare Center
Worthington Healthcare Center, a member of the CommuniCare Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Laundry Aide to join our team.
The Laundry Aide position exists to provide routine support in the environmental service of residents, to assure that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at all times. This position must work effectively with team members in ensuring that work is accomplished in a timely, effective, well organized, and safe manner while focusing on delivering quality resident care. The position must also manage the resources that are available to them in their job.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow daily laundering schedule as directed.
- Pick up all laundry articles including all residents’ personal articles.
- Use washing and drying machines.
- Check, pull, and put away all stock.
- Maintain organization of all areas where stock/supplies are kept.
- May be required to tag personal articles for residents in order to clearly identify.
- May be required to periodically clean washing and drying machine filters.
- Create a clean, comfortable, and safe environment and assure that the highest quality of service is delivered.
- Attend and participate in scheduled training, education classes, and orientation programs to maintain and enhance quality of care.
- Perform other related activities as assigned or requested.
Maintain and work within established departmental, center, and corporate policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school graduate or G. E. D. equivalent
As a CommuniCare employee you will enjoy competitive wages and PTO plans. We offer full time employees a menu of benefit options from life and disability plans to medical, dental, and vision coverage from quality benefit carriers. We also offer 401(k) with employer match and Flexible Spending Accounts.
A family-owned company, we have grown to become one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute care, which includes skilled nursing rehabilitation centers, long-term care centers, assisted living communities, independent rehabilitation centers, and long-term acute care hospitals (LTACH). Since 1984, we have provided superior, comprehensive management services for the development and management of adult living communities. We have a single job description at CommuniCare, "to reach out with our hearts and touch the hearts of others." Through this effort we create "Caring Communities" where staff, residents, clients, and family members care for and about one another.