Wheeling - West Virginia (WV),
Performs activities pertaining to the maintenance, repair and splicing of conveyor belts in accordance with customer needs, company policies, state and federal regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Install new conveyor belt, change out of existing conveyor belt, repair or splicing of conveyor belt, pulley lagging / changing of pulleys and maintenance or changing of mechanical systems that transfer conveyor belt.
Follows instructions / leadership of Crew Leader or Project Manager to ensure all aspects of the job are covered to avoid any time consuming delays as well as any hazard and or task training that may be required before the task begins.
Ensures equipment is maintained in proper working order to avoid any injuries and work areas are kept clean and free of hazards which may endanger the health and/or safety of any employees.
Performs work according to instruction from Crew Leader/ Project Manager to ensure quality and satisfaction is achieved. Inspects customers surrounding equipment to assure and help prevent costly repairs and damage to new material.
Knowledge of mining operations; surface and underground.
Training and certifications as required by federal and state mine safety agencies.
Knowledge in the maintenance of conveyor belts including changing out, splicing and vulcanizing.
Ability to read and understand splice diagrams and blue prints associated with
Strong communication skills; thorough and attention to details; able to prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline oriented.
Random testing as required by customer or DOT
Ability to maintain any ongoing state and federal mandated training and certification
Physical requirements for this job include the ability to:
- lift 50+ pounds frequently
- bending, stooping stretching and squatting frequently
- pulling and ratcheting conveyor belt with ½ to ¾ ton come-along
- endure extreme conditions,
- work long hours including off shift
- travel to customer locations for several days to weeks,
- work on extreme heights
- work in confined space and underground mines.
The work environment for this job involves sites which include coal mines to aggregate and mineral mines also including lime plants, prep plants for coal mines, storage and loading yards for coal transport along with facilities / factories that use conveyor systems. These sites may require working in extreme temperatures ranging from but is not limited to sub zero degrees to 130 degrees depending on location and season.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visa, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Successful completion of post offer drug test and background check.
- Valid driver’s license
- 1 to 3 years of experience in conveyor belt maintenance
- Up to 2 years of mining experience
Excellent benefits - including insurance and PTO - starting on the first day of employment.
Manufacturing Operations and Production