Milwaukee - Wisconsin (WI), 53226
Wisconsin Steel & Tube Corporation
Estimated salary $64,649 - $100,739 a year
Description: Summary: Responsible for managing all aspects of shipping routes and delivery.
Nature & Scope-Principal Areas of Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Manage and arrange orders due to ship to ensure they meet customer needs.
- Recommend optimal transportation modes, routing, equipment, or frequency.
- Explains available routes, load limits, and special equipment available, and offers suggestions in method of loading, packaging, and handling freight.
- Create policies or procedures for logistics activities.
- Train delivery department personnel in roles or responsibilities regarding regional logistics strategies.
- Maintain metrics, reports, process documentation, and customer service logs.
- Resolve problems
. Requirements: Associates Degree is preferred. High school diploma is required, and one to three years of transportation and/or logistic experience preferred.
Job Type: Full-time