Technician - Broadcast Operations
Cheyenne - Wyoming (WY), 82007
Estimated salary $11.75 an hour
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Dish is currently seeking a Broadcast Operations Technician to join the TOC team at our uplink facility in Gilbert, AZ. The TOC is a television programming environment where the operations team is responsible for monitoring, documenting and maintaining the quality of all services that are re-distributed to customers. Communication in written and verbal form with station personnel, internal departments and co-workers is essential to the performance of the team. All TOC personnel are expected to be able to multi-task, pay attention to fine details, demonstrate good teamwork and follow instructions given to them in an orderly and timely manner. Each member must have the ability to manage their own daily responsibilities, but also be able to take specific instructions for a special event and follow through to completion.
- Monitors on-air programming of both local and national broadcasters
- Help identify, document and escalate signal quality
- Bachelors or Associates degree within broadcast, operations, engineering or business related field
- Willing to learn and has a drive to succeed
- Always does what’s right
- Possess strong commitment to team environment dynamics with the ability to contribute expertise and follow leadership directives at appropriate times
- Ability to communicate with your team and your customers
- High proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or Google G-Suite
- Ability to work a rotating schedule as dictated by the needs of the business as the facility operates 24/7
- Ability to type accurately between 35–40 WPM
- Initiates career development to advance career
- Comfortable monitoring services that include adult content without objections
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as IoT and Wireless
- Shows positive energy and motivates other technicians
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills - ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Jumps on opportunities to learn new skills, especially in emerging technologies
- Can remain calm in a high pressure situation and be able to deal with ambiguous environments
- Strong prioritization skills within a fast paced environment